Contact Info:

Mark@CrossFitRAD.com
775.297.5419

Monday, May 20, 2013

RADthlete of the Month

Matthew Furedy



Tell us a little bit about yourself (family, job, sports, interests, etc.)
I am originally from St. Louis, Mo.  I received a BS in Aviation Management in 1999 and just completed a MS in Aviation Safety.  I am currently the State Airport Inspector at the Nevada Department of Transportation and am hoping to move to an FAA position whithin the next year or so.  My Hobbies include hiking (last year I completed the Tahoe Rim Trail) and more recently CrossFit RAD.

What were your goals when you started at CrossFit RAD?
Not to be fat anymore and maybe to gain a six pack?

Have you achieved any of those goals?
I am a lot closer than I was.  Not there yet....but I will.  (It should be noted that Matt has already dropped over 30 pounds in a handful of months)

Favorite lift/exercise?
Pullups (because this is the first time I have ever been able to do them).

Least favorite lift/exercise?
Running, running, running...............and running.

If I created a WOD and named it after myself, the workout would be:

"Mattasaurus Rx'd"
5RFT
Run 500m
20 burpees
20 lunges
20 DU

(because these are the things I suck at)

What were your thoughts after your first RAD WOD?
Ouch!

What I love most about CrossFit RAD is?
The intense workouts and the people.

Cats or Dogs?
Dogs

Coke or Pepsi? (careful...this may be a trick question)
Neither since January (before.....Coke with Crown Royal)

Favorite RAD coach? (careful...this may also be a trick question)
The one who can get the best workout out of me.  

Something you may not know about Matt is?
I became an Eagle Scout in 1993


2 comments:

  1. Everyone be sure and Thank Matt when this shows up on the board!
    ""Mattasaurus Rx'd""

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard working athlete with a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete